SLP Private Practice in Color Presents: Cultural Humility Part 4-Cultural Intersectionality
Time & Location
About the Event
SLP Private Practice in Color previously hosted the "Call to Action" Virtual Town Hall Meeting, a panel discussion lead by diverse Speech-Language Pathologists that addressed the racial disparities within the field and the Black communities we service. In order to continue the push for equity, we have developed this 5-Part Webinar Series that allows for an in-depth discussion into the historical basis of racial disparities that adversely impact the Black community and presents solutions to closing those gaps. Each part will be lead by an expert panelist who addresses: the historical background/context of racism, systematic racism in the Health Field, systematic racism in Education, Cultural Intersectionality, and the plan for equity respectively.
Part 4: Cultural Intersectionality
Part 4 of the webinar series will address the culturally complex microcosms in the Black Community. During this webinar, we will specifically discuss the intersectionality of: race and the workplace, race and economic growth, race and higher education, race and navigating disability, and racex disability law enforcement interaction. The discussion will be led by expert panelist TBA.
- Race x Navigating the workplace
- Race x Navigating higher Education ( undergrad, grad, doctoral)
- Race x Navigating disability
- Race x navigating Law Enforcement/ Race x disability x navigating Law Enforcement
- Pt. 4 Webinar Online Admission$25+$0.63 Service fee$25+$0.63 Service fee0$0
- Early Bird Pt. 4 Admission$20+$0.50 Service fee$20+$0.50 Service fee0$0