SLP Private Practice in Color: Cultural Humility Part 5- The Push For Equity
Time & Location
About the Event
SLP Private Practice in Color previously hosted the "Call to Action" Virtual Town Hall Meeting, a panel discussion lead by diverse Speech-Language Pathologists that addressed the racial disparities within the field and the Black communities we service. In order to continue the push for equity, we have developed this 5-Part Webinar Series that allows for an in-depth discussion into the historical basis of racial disparities that adversely impact the Black community and presents solutions to closing those gaps. Each part will be lead by an expert panelist who addresses: the historical background/context of racism, systematic racism in the Health Field, systematic racism in Education, Cultural Intersectionality, and the plan for equity respectively.
Part 5: The Push for Equity
Part 5 of the webinar series will address the plan to push for racial equity for all. During this webinar, we will specifically discuss the destruction of inequities and closing the gap in racial disparities through cultural awareness/humility training, policy reform, advocation, research, and policy reform. The discussion will be led by Michael Green, Jr., Ed. D.
- Awareness: cultural competencies/ humility courses
- Advocating: Support systems and structures for at risk communities
- Research: Conduct quality research into disparities that disproportionately affect the Black Community
- Policy Reform: Research based policy reform
- Pt 5. Webinar Online Admission$25+$0.63 Service fee$25+$0.63 Service fee0$0
- Early Bird Pt. 5 Admission$20+$0.50 Service fee$20+$0.50 Service fee0$0